A Lifesize conference room system paired to a Lifesize subscription must have an active Lifesize DSS contract at all times to be paired to the Lifesize cloud-based service. This ensures that the conference room system can stay current on software updates, which is necessary when paired to the service.
As long as you maintain an active DSS contract, your systems will stay paired to the Lifesize service and you can benefit from DSS-specific product features. If a customer declines DSS on their paired devices they will be un-paired from their cloud subscription.
Lifesize DSS contracts are required for devices paired to the Lifesize Cloud – Based Service.
- Help desk support
- Automatic Software updates (bug patches/security vulnerabilities, feature enhancements)
- Advanced Hardware replacements
- Pairing to Lifesize Service
Device features included when paired to Lifesize Cloud:
- Centralised device management – Manage your conference room systems, update and maintain your directory, run reports, customise features and more all from one, centralised place.
- System and status reporting – Track usage and performance of your conference room systems and get insightful data like the number of calls, minutes, users and average call time for your organisation.
- Real-time alerts and health monitoring – Know immediately when something’s amiss with your Lifesize Icons via automatic email alerts. (Imagine knowing if something is unplugged before your CEO starts a call!)
- Customisation of Lifesize Phone HD – Customise the home screen buttons and time zones of your Lifesize Phone HD attached to a Lifesize Icon to make connecting as easy as possible for your organisation’s unique needs.
- Presence-enabled directory – Simplify dialling with a pre populated, search-based directory that indicates which conference room systems are available. No long dial strings, just call, connect and collaborate.
- Automatic directory synchronisation – Make a change in your directory and have it automatically appear and sync across all your connected conference room systems, saving you time (and lots of walking from room to room).
- Calendar integration – Sync your calendar with your Lifesize® IconTM room system to see a list of upcoming meetings and easily join a meeting directly from your Lifesize device.
- Click-to-call dialing – Start a call with the touch of a button. Seriously — it’s that easy.
- Guest calling – Invite your customers, partners and anyone else inside or outside of your organisation to connect over video directly from their web browser or one of the many interoperable third-party devices or apps.
- NAT/Firewall traversal – Maintain a secure perimeter and keep your Lifesize conference room systems safely behind your firewall while we manage firewall traversal through our global calling nodes.
Take a look at the Lifesize Device Software Subscription document here, or find out more by getting in touch with VideoCentric today.