VidiLink’s aggregation of multiple DSLs using a single IP address allows a number of ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, SDSL or Leased lines to be mixed together thereby increasing bandwidth, reducing the impact of contention, raising the level of resilience and improving overall usefulness for real-time video communication.
When aggregated with other DSL connection, VidiLink offers customers instant and seamless failover should the a connection fail for whatever reason giving a 99.99% uptime guarantee. All VidiLink services take advantage of some level of DSL backup in emergency situations over the same public IP address range. This means in the event of a failure on the VidiLink service no manual intervention or reconfiguration is required by the client. The service is so quick in failing over between the two lines that voice & video call can continue during a failure. Where the back up link is provided at a much lower bandwidth level, eg 0.8Mbps, and the main connection/s through the other carrier fails, then performance drop-off will be very noticeable, but it will at least allow the conference to continue to a conclusion albeit at a poorer quality.
"VidiLink, compared with ADSL & SDSL Services….
- Up to 4 times faster
- Supports HD video conferencing & Telepresence
- Supports multipoint conferencing
- Worldwide access
- Maintains conference even if a link fails
- Not significantly higher cost than SDSL
- Better user experience
- Therefore more chance of regular usage
- Therefore quicker Return on Investment
VidiLink (when all ADSL-based) is delivered either as a set of routers with one VidiLink Adapter for self-installation on to a set of existing analogue telephone lines.
VidiLink (when one or all links are SDSL-based) requires a new telephone line to be installed and exchange equipment to be configured by BT (for each SDSL). A set of SDSL routers and one VidiLink Adapter will then be delivered for self-installation on to the new telephone lines.
Optional VidiLink installation by VideoCentric will ensure that the supply of new lines are co-ordinate with BT, routers and adapters are plugged in by an experienced engineer, VC system set up, IP addresses configured and the complete solution commissioned and tested across the internet. For those opting for VidiLink MCU and ISDN Gateway services, these will also be tested prior to engineer leaving site and a brief overview of the components, how to administer them, support them and use them will be given.
- Typical installation lead time 3-6 weeks
- New BT lines insstalled for SDSL & Telephone Exchange configured
- New BT lines installed for ADSL2+ but existing phone line may be used if available
- Option for customer to self-install or for complete VideoCentric on-site installation
- VidiLink 24/7 line monitoring gives us advance visibility of problems
- Our installation engineers are in-house, fully accredited and very experienced
- Fixed installation cost
- Minimum contract period 12 months
- Monthly subscriptions by direct debit or annually in advance
- True aggregation rather than bonding or load sharing
- Just one ethernet cable and one IP address to your VC system
- Seemless failover - if one DSL fails, the other/s continue to deliver
- No changing of IP addresses to overcome DSL failure
- ADSL2+ costs less than SDSL & is available on more exchanges
- ADSL2+ is 1:1 contention like the most expensive SDSL
- 99.99% SLA on network availablilty and uptime
- Built in ISDN access (option) to avoid having to buy a gateway
- Built in multipoint (option) to avoid having to buy an MCU
- One-stop shop, one stop support