VideoCloud 365 to expand globally, with major enhancements to security and connectivity, addition of new collaboration features and huge cost reductions across the platform.
VideoCentric have today announced the next-generation of VideoCloud 365, a major overhaul of the service platform that will provide a more resilient, secure and simple-to-use service, supporting the ever-increasing move of business communications to the cloud.
The new VC365 service will provide unlimited audio and video calling, unlimited recording and streaming, and unlimited content collaboration, with enhanced features to support today’s collaborative workforce. The new service features, expected to be the most comprehensive available in the professional market place today, includes:
- Direct calling between individuals without the need to “meet-in-the-middle”
- 50-seat Virtual Meeting Rooms for every employee, for those who prefer traditional bridging methods
- Outlook integration for simple one-button scheduling from your email platform
- Unlimited audio dial-in with 55 international dial-in numbers
- Any-to-any conferencing, combining Room systems, Skype for Business/Office 365 callers, desktop, mobile & tablet users or PTSN/VoIP audio-callers, all in one call
- Recording & streaming to unlimited viewers, publicly or privately, using RTMP or YouTube integration
- Customer domain name hosting
- Improved quality Web App
- Streamlined joining experience
- “2-clicks to join” from Skype for Business
- In-depth statistics & analytics platform for performance reporting
- Return on Investment, security management & network audit consultancy
- Extended support hours including 24×7 option
The service has been expanded from two points of presence to a truly global and intelligent QoS network, to improve the quality of collaboration sessions, no matter the location of participants around the world, and includes enhanced security features so that teams can be confident that their meetings are secure and encrypted.
“VideoCentric have been providing Cloud-based communication services for almost a decade, but over the past 2 years – since cloud collaboration has gone mainstream – we have gained a much greater understanding of the needs of our customers and the expectations of businesses of all sizes. Organisations want better quality and more reliable tools for team collaboration that are integrated into a single, simple solution, but also tools that work with all other technologies and devices, so that no matter how you choose to work and where you choose to work from, meetings and conversations can take place, easily, efficiently and successfully” commented Emily Shimell, Communications Manager at VideoCentric.
“We are extremely excited to be taking our cloud platform to the next level, and we are certain that these enhancements will facilitate customers with achieving their own business goals”.
The new generation of VideoCloud 365 services is available now, launched in parallel with the existing platform which will be made end of service life in May 2018. Customers already using VideoCloud 365 will be upgraded upon renewal of their service at no incremental cost despite the additional benefits. For more information on the next-generation VideoCloud 365 service, or to set up a trial, get in contact with VideoCentric today.