Lifesize has today announced a beta program for their newly redesigned Lifesize Cloud app, a cloud-based collaboration solution that delivers high-definition audio, video and web conferencing to businesses.
The new Lifesize app has been architected to focus on an effortless experience for the user, and includes a new interface (UI) and innovative features including smart search and simple “one-click calling” that delivers more simple, smarter and flexible collaboration across the workforce.
The first stage of the beta is by invite only, and those interested are able to sign up to be considered for the invite at www.lifesize.com/betainvite. The phased approach of the beta programme will enable Lifesize to continue gathering real-world feedback on their app, to further refine it and better meet the needs of its rapidly growing customer base.
“Collaboration delivers amazing results for businesses. It drives creativity, productivity and efficiency and should be simple and intuitive. So, as we redesigned and rebuilt the new Lifesize app from the ground up, we collaborated closely with customers and users. As a result, the new app delivers an effortless meeting experience that matches the ease of use people have grown accustomed to in their personal lives, but with enterprise functionality, reliability and security,”
– Craig Malloy, CEO at Lifesize.
After thousands of hours of research and testing with many customers, Lifesize believes that they have come up with a new design that helps teams and organisations work more effectively and drive stronger outcomes for their business. The Beta will enable Lifesize to fine tune the app and deliver the ultimate in user experience.
New design for effortless, flexible meetings
The new Lifesize app aims to deliver an exceptional experience for every user, through a simple and modern interface. The Lifesize app also offers improved flexibility with powerful controls and permissions for the administrator, alongside a consistent user experience across all the Lifesize applications, whether at the desktop, on a mobile device or using a browser.
The new Lifesize app includes features that provides:
- Simple navigation around the app:
- A Global Search with Smart Match
Search for Video Conferencing systems, meeting rooms and individual contacts through the new global searching function, eliminating the need for anyone to remember the exact name and spelling.
- Recents and Favourites
Easily see recently missed calls or meetings you have attended, and click once to instantly relaunch from your home screen. Flag contacts, meetings or room systems as a favorite and see them right on the home screen for quick calling.
- An Enhanced Directory
See an A-Z organised, filterable contacts list and hold a video or audio conference, chat session, schedule a meeting and click on a name to view their details.
- A Global Search with Smart Match
- Flexible meetings:
- Easy Meeting Scheduling: Simply schedule a meeting directly from the home screen, a chat message or any VMR or room VC system found in the directory. Send an invite via link, calendar, e-mail or a template.
- Quick Call Starting: Initiate a call with a directory contact or video system right from your directory, or simply dial a number to make a call.
- In-presentation Moderator Controls: Easily mute any individual or all the meeting participants, end the call for everyone, or add new participants throughout the meeting.
- Easy onboarding and simple updates:
- In-app Tutorials: Receive a seamless on-boarding experience from the guided demo to the free trial and throughout new user implementation.
- In-app Updates: Benefit from in-app release notifications and walk-through guides, as well as banners for system alerts and new feature announcements with multi-language support.
- Automatic Updates: Receive transparent desktop application self-updates in the background for the latest features without requiring support from the IT department.
If you’d like to try out the new app in action, register your interest at www.lifesize.com/betainvite or get in touch today to arrange a demo with VideoCentric and Lifesize.