Today, Lifesize has announced its Skype® for Business interoperability enhancements to Lifesize Cloud, that simplifies cross-platform video, audio and web conferencing, and extend the Microsoft S4B environment into the meeting room by making it simple to pair Microsoft solutions with the award-winning Lifesize Icon solutions and phone systems. This enhanced interoperability puts Lifesize at the forefront of the industry as the only SaaS-based video conferencing provider that enables users to make direct calls to and from MS Skype for Business for one-to-one and group calling.
More than 100 million people are now using Skype for Business worldwide, making Microsoft® Office 365® and its communication application, Skype for Business, a cornerstone for modern business. Yet, despite the popularity of Skype for Business in the workplace, seamless integration between video conferencing solutions and Skype for Business remains limited with Microsoft’s closed approach to interoperability and lack of open & standards-based protocols.
Meetings should not be interrupted or lack video quality because of interoperability limitations, which is why Lifesize is delivering the most user-friendly and complete video communication experience for organisations that regularly collaborate with Microsoft’s Skype for Business users. Designed to complement the whole Skype for Business environment, Lifesize fits into the existing S4B workflow by enabling Lifesize callers to make direct calls to Skype for Business users, add them into existing conferences, and both send and receive presentations and content.
The enhanced integration also enables businesses to bring Skype for Business presence into the meeting room with the Lifesize video conference room systems, giving users the ability to connect with any other third-party conference room system, from the likes of Cisco, Polycom and more. With this comprehensive package, IT administrators no longer need to worry about risking investment with products that “lock them in”. Lifesize solutions now enables IT administrators to further extend their Skype for Business deployment throughout their organisation and increase the value of their investment.
“Skype for Business and other such applications allow organisations to standardise collaboration workflows. For users in those organisations, the best conferencing solution should complement the way they work, not hinder it. The interoperability Lifesize offers extends far past any other solution in the market, providing the simplest, most effective collaboration experience between Lifesize, Skype for Business and third-party vendors.”
– Craig Malloy, CEO at Lifesize.
How does Lifesize enhance the Skype for Business Environment?
- A superior conference room experience: Users can make and receive calls directly from a Lifesize HD video conferencing system and phone system within the conference room to a Skype for Business user at their desktop. Users can leverage a Lifesize VMR (virtual meeting room) to connect third-party conference room systems to Skype for Business or Lifesize users.
- Bi-directional calling with Skype for Business: Those using the Lifesize cloud-based application can place direct calls to Skype for Business users or add them to an existing call. Skype for Business users can also place direct calls to Lifesize app users, conference room systems or virtual meeting rooms.
- Bi-directional screen share with Skype for Business: Skype for Business users can send and receive real-time screen sharing in a call with a Lifesize app user, conference room system or virtual meeting room.
- Broader reach: Skype for Business users can extend their call capability with the Lifesize cloud-based application, which allows up to 50-way calling, audio dial-in numbers in more than 60 countries, the ability to view more participants on screen, and the option to bring in callers from outside of the organization.
The Lifesize Skype for Business interoperability is supported on Skype for Business Server or Skype for Business Online through Microsoft Office 365.