Plantronics have today announced that the company will transform into Poly, a technology company focused on the human experience of communications and collaboration, aiming to make communication as rich and natural as in-person.
Poly, meaning “many,” combines the audio and video expertise of Plantronics and Polycom (acquired last year by Plantronics) and its portfolio of endpoints that connect between UC platforms to reduce complexity and distance in today’s businesses. Poly aims to be the solution of choice for collaboration between people.
“Today feels like my first day as CEO of a new company. We see limitless opportunity for how people communicate and collaborate today. With advancements in AI, machine learning and new technologies, we see a future where Poly makes the connection, then quietly steps out of the way to become the one thing you don’t notice in the meeting.”
– Joe Burton, president and chief executive officer, Poly.
Poly has outlined its four areas of focus:
- Making workspaces intuitive for everyone.
- Helping teams collaborate in their way.
- Designing mobile-first solutions.
- Advancing cloud services to enable IT professionals and users to get more from their devices.
The Poly logo honours the company’s new route forwards as well as recognising it’s past; the red color and angle of letters form a propeller (reflecting Plantronics’ aviation past) with the three spokes inspired from the icon Polycom conference phone.
Poly is unveiling new products and services within it’s portfolio at Enterprise Connect this week, and will be discussing and sharing the latest offerings, including:
- Polycom Studio, the new USB video bar for the Huddle Room to combine with services including Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Google Meet
- Plantronics Elara 60 Series, the mobile phone station with a one-touch Microsoft Teams experience.
- Eagle Eye Cube, a video conference camera with 4k sensors and designed to work with the Polycom Trio with VisualPro and Group Series.
- A range of UC headsets including the Blackwire 7225
- Innovative tools for management and monitoring including the Status Indicator and Plantronics Manager Pro v3.13
- Polycom Device Management Service for Enterprises, which now supports and manages Polycom Studio as well as added API functionality.
To find out more about the new solutions available and how the relaunch will work for organisations using current Polycom solutions or your current support services, get in touch with Poly Gold Partner VideoCentric today.
Poly is a global communications company that powers meaningful human connection and collaboration. Poly combines legendary audio expertise and powerful video and conferencing capabilities to overcome the distractions, complexity and distance that make communication in and out of the workplace challenging. Poly believes in solutions that make life easier when they work together and with our partner’s services. Our headsets, software, desk phones, audio and video conferencing, analytics and services are used worldwide and are a leading choice for every kind of workspace. For more information, please visit: www.poly.com.
Poly and the propeller design are trademarks of Plantronics, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.