Small meeting rooms are on the rise. Often referred to as huddle rooms, these smaller spaces are becoming much more popular for impromptu meetings, brainstorming sessions and presentations for groups of two to four employees that do not require large boardrooms and collaboration spaces for the meeting to take place. Proving to be a much more efficient use of an organisations office space and real estate, these rooms are much more versatile and welcoming for smaller teams to accommodate when needing a private space to make decisions, communicate with customers and present to their peers.
Because of their smaller size, they are also much less expensive to fit out, and can accommodate furniture and equipment at generally a much lower cost.
So what solutions are available for the Huddle Room?
With face-to-face interaction becoming much more critical in business communications whilst teams are becoming increasingly disperse, there are many Video Conferencing systems now on the market that have been designed with the huddle room and smaller meeting room in mind. There is no longer the need to kit out a small meeting room with a system designed for 12+ people, professional Video Conferencing manufacturers such as Cisco, Polycom and Lifesize now all provide cutting-edge Video Conferencing endpoints and professional VC cameras designed specifically for rooms of 2-4 people.
You may wish to consider:
- Professional Video Conferencing Endpoints such as the Polycom RealPresence Group 310, Cisco TelePresence SX10 and Lifesize Icon 450
- Cloud based Video Conferencing Virtual Meeting Rooms to pair with your endpoints to provide much greater functionality such as multipoint – Find out more about VideoCloud 365 and the Lifesize Cloud
- Professional Video Conferencing Software for laptops to connect to your current AV displays
- Professional Video Conferencing Cameras to connect to PC’s and laptops running any software and UC solution, such as Microsoft Lync – for example the Lifesize Icon Flex
In addition to Video Conferencing endpoints designed for smaller meeting rooms, collaborative and AV technologies are also available that are more suited to the small huddle space. There is no need to equip these rooms with 85″ displays and interactive whiteboards, wireless data sharing capabilities for more people than the room can hold, and technology that just won’t be required in a room of this size.
Rather than these large room collaboration technologies, you could think about:
- An interactive flip chart for remote collaboration, such as the SMART Kapp IQ
- 32″ to 60″ displays that can be wall mounted or on desk stands, or video enabling your current display with a low cost professional PTZ camera
- Secure wireless presentation facilities for up to 4 people, such as the small room Barco ClickShare
- Rollabout trolleys designed for single screens, either standard in design, or to match your corporate colour scheme
- Professional lower cost audio solutions optimised for your smaller meeting rooms
VideoCentric’s portfolio for small meeting rooms enables you to equip your huddle spaces with high quality Video Conferencing and content sharing solutions that is interoperable, secure and provides the same robust features you have come to expect from professional Video Conferencing and Collaboration solutions in the boardroom.
See a range of our product portfolio below, and contact us today where we can discuss various options available for the huddle space, including smaller and lower cost video conferencing solutions, interactive displays, content sharing facilities and cloud based virtual meeting rooms to help your teams become more productive, more efficient and more collaborative.