Yealink, founded in 2001, is a global Video Conferencing and communications provider and a leader in SIP Phone and Telephony solutions.
Providing solutions for small meeting rooms and huddle spaces, medium to large conference rooms and boardroom suites, Yealink has continued to grow their video based offerings and now finds itself a key component of VideoCentric’s video endpoint portfolio, with features and functionalities that make their products stand out from the rest.
Their leading Video Conferencing solution, the VC800, is a SIP/H.323 system, designed for the medium to large meeting space. So, what does it provide?
VC800: Features in Brief
This updated and feature rich Yealink system provides a robust feature set and brings to the table many of the features that you’d expect only to find in a much more expensive room system.
- 24 site embedded MCU – the biggest embedded MCU in the industry
- Ability to divide the MCU into 2 VMR’s
- Multi-camera solution for up to 9 cameras to work at the same time
- 5″ Touchscreen control on the CP960 phone
- Audio – 360 degree omnidirectional voice pickup of 6 metres per unit
- Full HD camera 60fps and 12 x optical zoom
- Annotation features for integration with an interactive whiteboard or display
- Wireless data sharing capable
The compact design combines camera and codec together, and supports standards-based 3rd party Video systems, meaning remote collaboration and video based communication between teams, suppliers and clients is possible – without gateways or subscriptions.
What Comes with the System?
The Yealink VC800 comes supplied with the VC800 codec and integrated camera, wireless microphone expansion units, a remote control, a cable hub and the CP960 video conferencing “phone” – the touch screen device for controlling the conference. It also enables sharing via HDMI, although wireless sharing can simply be added with the wireless WPP20 wireless presentation transmitter.
- VC800 Codec (with integrated camera）
- Video Conference Phone CP960
- CP Wireless Expansion Mic CPW90 (2 units) or CP Wired Expansion Mic CPE90 (2 units)
- Remote Control VCR11
- Cable Hub VCH50
- Cable Bundle
The Yealink CP960: Tell me more…
The Yealink CP960 is an enterprise-grade conference phone for mid-and-large-sized meeting rooms, and comes supplied with the VC800 Video Conferencing system through VideoCentric. The CP960 harnesses advanced acoustic technologies to provide excellent audio performance and balanced quality.
- 5-inch color touch screen, modern metallic sliver-grey look
- 20-foot 360-degree dead-zone-free voice pickup
- Support a pair of the Yealink CPW90 Wireless Microphone to extend coverage to 60ft
- Noise Proof reduces constant background noise from sources such as typing, air conditioners
- When a person is not speaking, Noise Proof automatically mutes the microphone(s) until the sound of a human voice is detected.
An Embedded MCU
An embedded MCU is rare these days, since most VMR offerings (and general intelligence in hardware) has moved away, into the cloud. However there are definitely still needs for it, and many customers are still wanting the capabilities of an embedded MCU.
The Powerful built-in MCU means the Yealink VC800 supports up to 24-site HD Video Conferencing capacity, which can be divided into 2 Virtual Meeting Rooms for expanding the capability of one system to multiple teams, simultaneously.
The VC800 Camera
The VC800 includes a camera with an impressive 12 x optical zoom, providing 1080p at 60 fps. It’s PTZ is wide, with a 30 degree angle and 100 degree rotation, providing high flexibility for unusual shaped or large meeting spaces.
The multi-camera solution enables up to 9 cameras to work at the same time. You can control each separately, put all cameras into one picture, or set certain pictures larger, or as full screen. Plus there’s no need for an extra video matrix – the deployment is simple with PoE.
An Impressive Audio Experience
Using Harman Kardon speaker technology, the Yealink VC800 provides much higher end audio than would be expected of a system of it’s type, and price. Combined with the CP960 audio device, you get high end audio quality at both ends of the conference and an immersive audio, and video, solution.
- Audio codecs:
- Opus, 8~48kHz sampling rate
- 14kHz bandwidth with G.722.1C
- 7kHz bandwidth with G.722.1
- 3.4kHz bandwidth with G.711 (PCMA/PCMU)
- Audio technology:
- Acoustic echo cancellation
- Automatic gain control
- Yealink Noise Proof Technology
- CNG, PLC, AJB, De-Rerb
The Yealink VC800 is a H.323 and SIP system, though Yealink themselves have Microsoft Teams and Zoom enabled devices too, with similar features and quality to the standards-based VC800. There’s systems designed for smaller meeting spaces too, and devices with touch panels (such as the MVC Series) rather than the CP960, if it works better for your meeting room setup.
We’re an accredited supplier of Yealink, and the UK’s expert integrator of Yealink Video based solutions. Come and take a look at the system in action and side-by-side with other systems designed for the meeting room, to decide for yourself what you like, what you don’t like, and what would work best for you. Get in touch to arrange a Yealink meeting, demonstration or trial of the Yealink Video systems today.